Regular physical activity is considered to be an important part of having a healthy lifestyle. If physical activity is considered as a priority and so encouraging good habits in children right from an early age is indeed important and could be of great help in terms of developing skills that they need to continue being active within their lives. That’s why parents shouldn’t forget buying an outdoor swing.
Why it is important for children to be physically active?
Those children between the age of 3 and 10 years would greatly benefit from the fact of being physically active through Step2 Direct outdoor swing and slide sets. It could offer the following benefits:
- Promote healthy growth as well as development
- Improve balance as well as develop skills
- Build strong bones and also muscles
- Maintain as well as develop flexibility
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Help in achieving and maintaining healthy weight
- Help relaxation
- Provide opportunities in making friends
- Improve posture
- Enhance self-esteem
For those children that are not physically active might not have the chance to reap these benefits and might be at increased risk of being obese or overweight. This would make it harder for these children to be active and to keep up with others in play or sports.
They are as well more likely to be vulnerable to some conditions like flat feet, Asthma and joint sprains because of excessive weight. In the long run, being obese or overweight could contribute to the conditions like high blood pressure as well as cholesterol, liver disease or diabetes.
How much activity is needed by children?
There is fact that children should participate within at least sixty minutes or up to numbers of hours of physical activity. This would include the activity which would make them huff and puff every single day. In order for children to achieve this, there is need for these children to be a lot more active at school, after school or during weekends.
But the activity must not be done all at once. It could be built up within the day through riding or walking to and from the school or participating in numbers of school activities, active play at home or some organised sports during weekends.
As part of being active, it is indeed important to remember to at least limit the amount of time which children would spend watching those small screens like televisions, playing on the internet or some computer games to at least no more than 2 hours every day.
Along with that, there are also certain things that should be remembered including the following:
- There is a need for children to wear hats, 30+ sunscreen and appropriate footwear once being active outdoors.
- There is also a need to encourage children to drink plenty of water once they are being active or once playing sports.
- There is a need to balance out an active lifestyle for the child having a healthy diet or remember to limit foods that are indeed high in saturated sugar, fat or salt.
Indeed, kids soccer goals at Step2 Direct understands that being physically active could lead to numbers of great benefits and so children must start being active right from their young age.